If you have to handle a drug test on short notice, it is crucial to understand how THC works in our system.
Of course, it also depends on whether you are a chronic or occasional smoker because THC tends to remain in our system for weeks and some cases months based on numerous factors.
THC is one of the most important compounds that you can find in marijuana apart from other cannabinoids such as CBD. Since it is fat-soluble, it means that it will merge with our body fat and remain in there throughout our body.
You can trace it in various places such as hair, saliva, fingernails, urine samples, as well as blood. THC is the main reason why we tend to feel the euphoric and psychoactive effect after consuming weed.
It binds to cannabinoid receptors that you may find in your brain, which will enhance food cravings, sensations, paranoia, giddiness, and many more. Therefore, we can easily say that THC is responsible for getting you high in the first place.
That is why you should check out cleardrugtests.com/ so that you can learn more on different screening methods that are available for checking the THC metabolites from your system.
One of the most popular methods for consuming cannabis is through smoking, which leads to the effects of high. At the same time, you should have in mind that as soon as you smoke the weed, the THC will reach its maximal levels in approximately nine minutes from ingestion.
On the other hand, you can also find infusions and edibles that will get you high and implement this particular compound within your organism. However, this specific procedure for consumption will not reach its peak levels similarly to smoking.
How Long Will THC Stay In Your System?
We cannot provide you a direct answer on how long you have to wait for THC to remains detectable within your system, because everything depends on numerous factors such as:
- Half-Life – Generally speaking, you should remember that half-life of cannabis or its active compound is seven days. Therefore, throughout this particular period, metabolites will decrease by 50%, and you will need approximately three to four weeks so that you can cleanse your body entirely from it.
- The Frequency Of Consumption – You should have in mind that the more you smoke, the more THC you will have in your body, and that is a fact you have to remember. Therefore, regular smokers will need more time to get rid of THC from their bodies than others will, and that is a fact you have to remember. At the same time, the strain is essential as well, because some strains feature less THC and more CBD and vice versa.
- Lifestyle – Your factors are also important when it comes to checking out the best possible period in which you can cleanse yourself thoroughly. Therefore, you have to take into an account diet that you consume daily, metabolism rate, the levels of physical activity, percentage of body fat, and many more.
You should click here to learn more on THC in general.
Different Drug Testing Methods
When it comes to drug testing methods, you should have in mind that every single one features advantages and disadvantages, as well as ways to pass it by following specific guidelines. However, if you wish to do it efficiently, you have to know how each one of the functions:
- Urinalysis – Remember that this is one of the most common drug screening methods that employers and federal agencies will conduct. The main reason for that is due to its cheap price tag, simplicity while collecting the specimen, noninvasive perspective, and what is most important it is precise and can detect cannabis usage. When compared with other tests, urinalysis is not searching for active THC compound but its byproduct in the form of THC-COOH. When employers want to conduct this particular type of drug screening, everything will be under strict supervision so that they can reduce the possibility of tampering with the test. On the other hand, you can also find home kits that will allow you to test yourself or your family members, such as teen children. The main problem is that THC remains in urine much more than any other illegal substance, which means that if you are a first time user, you will need up to one week to thoroughly cleanse yourself. On the other hand, daily users will require up to three months to completely regulate the amount of THC-COOH and reduce under the threshold, which makes this particular test efficient for determining whether you consume regularly or not.
- Hair Follicle Drug Test – We have mentioned this particular screening method before, and you should remember that even though it comes with the high price tag when compared with others, it is a vital choice that will determine the long-term drug abuse for highly sensitive jobs and workplaces. It does not require an invasive method of taking, which means that administrator, will receive 1.5 inches of hair specimen from your scalp, arms, legs, and other parts of your body. It can maintain the presence of drugs up to three months from the last consumption, and the technology of testing is reducing issues that may happen, such as false positives and other problems as well. The main reason for its popularity is the ability to detect a pattern of usage, which is something that may prove valuable for an employer in case of pre-employment drug screening.
- Blood Test – When compared with the previous two screening methods, you should have in mind that blood test is checking for active THC compound within your system. The main problem is that the blood test is showing current impairment, and it cannot show the previous drug usage. Therefore, if you are an occasional smoker, THC will leave your system in 24 hours, while frequent users may need up to seven days to cleanse themselves thoroughly.